How HS Can Affect Men Differently
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The HSDisease.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Questions & Answers. Medscape. Available at https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1073117-questions-and-answers. Accessed 10/6/2020.
- Bianchi L, Caposiena Caro RD, Ganzetti G. Sex-related differences of clinical features in hidradenitis suppurativa: analysis of an Italian-based cohort. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2019 Jul;44(5):e177-e180.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS). National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Available at https://www.niams.nih.gov/health-topics/hidradenitis-suppurativa-hs. Accessed 10/6/2020.
- van Straalen K.R. Conceivable Differences between the Sexes for the Associations of Patient Characteristics with Locations Affected by Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Dermatology. 2020 Apr. doi:10.1159/000506420.
- Khandalavala BN, Voutsalath Do M. Finasteride in Hidradenitis Suppurativa: A "Male" Therapy for a Predominantly "Female" Disease. Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2016 Jun;9(6):44-50.