Zero Carb Cheez-its
I’m really weird and I know it. It’s just easier accepting the weirdness at this point. One weird thing about me? I can eat the same thing 60 days in a row, but on the 61st day, you bet your bottom dollar I won’t want anything to do with it! When I’m sticking to a diet, this can sometimes cause some issues. I can love and be obsessed with certain snacks and foods, and then out of the blue, not want anything to do with them and actually get nauseated from them. Weird, right?
Well because of this weirdness, I’m always on the hunt for new and different yummy snacks that I can have that fit with the Keto diet. Here is a recipe for homemade Cheez-its inspired by No Bun Please.
Regular Cheez-its are my favorite so I've only stuck to a salt seasoning, but I can't wait to try other spice combinations. I'm excited to try a jalapeno spice in order to try and replicate the spicy Cheez-its!
Potential trigger warning: This recipe contains dairy/cheese
Makes 1 serving of 16 crisps
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 26 minutes
Ingredients for Zero Carb Cheez-its
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste (nutrition calculations are for 1 tsp)
Directions for Zero Carb Cheez-its
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- Take each cheese slice and cut it into four even quarters.
- Place each “cheez-it” on a parchment paper lined baking sheet about an inch apart from each other.
- Take a straw and punch out the center of each “cheez-it” to create the iconic look.
- Sprinkle salt (to taste) over your “cheez-its.”
- Bake for 26 minutes until crispy and brown in color.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
This recipe was inspired and modified from No Bun Please.
- calories: 320
- cholesterol: 80mg
- dietary fiber: 0g
- protein: 20g
- sodium: 2846mg
- sugars: 0g
- total carbohydrates: 0g
- total fat: 28g
Disclaimer: HSDisease.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you taken the Hidradenitis Suppurativa In America survey yet?