No Guilt Banana Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana cinnamon chocolate chip muffins are my favorite!! Usually, they’re loaded with sugar and carbs, so I thought I’d try and do a healthier alternative version! This recipe uses monk fruit sweetener which is zero net carbs and zero glycemic response! The chocolate chips I use are also monk fruit-sweetened and the almond flour is great for low carb.
See? All guilt-free items and all these things can be found right in your grocery baking section! I hope you enjoy them!
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 muffin
Ingredients for no guilt banana cinnamon chocolate chip muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Monkfruit Sweetener (I use the brand Lakanto)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips (I use the brand Lakanto)
Directions for no guilt banana cinnamon chocolate chip muffins
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Prepare your muffin trays and spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash your 3 bananas in a large bowl.
- Mix in your egg, vanilla, sweetener, baking soda, nut butter, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add in your almond flour. Try not to over mix!
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Take a regular tablespoon and fill your muffin tray. (The batter won’t rise too much when baking so fill the muffin tin but don’t overflow them or they’ll be difficult to get out of the tray and break apart!)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from muffin tin.
- calories: 221
- cholesterol: 15mg
- dietary fiber: 3.5g
- protein: 7g
- sodium: 220mg
- sugars: 8.4g
- total carbohydrates: 16.8g
- total fat: 14.6g
Disclaimer: HSDisease.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you checked out the HS friendly recipes?