Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Lemon Turmeric Tea
Tea has become a part of my daily routine and a wonderful part of rebuilding my gut health. As HS patients, our bodies are prone to inflammation. Because of this, I consume anti-inflammatory foods and drinks throughout the day to help my body to heal.
One of my favorite teas is this anti-inflammatory ginger lemon turmeric tea I doctored up one morning before work. If you like the spicy side of life then this is sure to pack the right amount of punch.
Serving size: Makes 1 16 fl oz serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for anti-inflammatory ginger lemon turmeric tea
- 2 Yogi Tea Lemon Ginger tea bags
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder (if you want an extra kick)
- 2 tbsp honey (add more for additional sweetness)
- 16 fl oz of alkaline water (I get mine from Aldi for $1.99/ gallon)
Directions for anti-inflammatory ginger lemon turmeric tea
- Bring water to a boil.
- In a teapot add hot water.
- Allow tea bags to steep for 7 minutes.
- Add cracked black pepper, turmeric, ginger, and honey.
- Mix, serve, and enjoy.
- calories: 9
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 0g
- protein: 0g
- sodium: 16mg
- sugars: 2.2g
- total carbohydrates: 2.3g
- total fat: 0g
Disclaimer: HSDisease.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you checked out the HS friendly recipes?