No Breadcrumb/No Egg Meatballs
This is my guilt-free meatball recipe. Seriously, you won’t even miss the egg or breadcrumb! This is how I make my meatballs for any style dish! You can pair this with tomato sauce, sriracha and honey, or even eat these cocktail-style (you know the type with Heinz chili sauce and grape jelly). Since this recipe doesn’t use breadcrumb, it’s also great for low-carb or keto diets. Without sauce, four meatballs is just 1.6 net carbs!
This recipe is just how to make meatballs, not sauce.
I hope you enjoy it!
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for no breadcrumb/no egg meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos (a soy sauce substitute)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
Directions for no breadcrumb/no egg meatballs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven is pre-heating, put your raw ground turkey in a large bowl and add the oil, liquid aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger.
- Using your hand mix together all the ingredients. Make sure everything is combined but don’t overwork the meat.
- Take a baking tray and line it with aluminum foil.
- Start rolling your meatballs. I prefer smaller cocktail-style meatballs so I can usually get 16 out of 1 pound of ground turkey. They’re each about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Bake your meatballs for 11 minutes.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven and add them to whatever sauce you’re using. I usually let mine simmer in the sauce for at least 5-10 minutes.
- calories: 260
- cholesterol: 116mg
- dietary fiber: 0.3g
- protein: 31.8g
- sodium: 362mg
- sugars: 0.6g
- total carbohydrates: 1.9g
- total fat: 16g
Disclaimer: Nutritional disclaimer: HSDisease.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you shared your HS story?