Garlicky Spinach Dip (Non-Dairy)
Last updated: August 2022
Here’s a recipe for an hidradenitis suppurativa modified version of an all-time favorite for get-togethers. This garlicky, non-dairy spinach dip will instantly become a hit when served as an appetizer at your next gathering. In addition, this dip is very yummy, but it is a bit high in carbs, so, I suggest serving this with some low-carb veggies such as mini cucumbers and or raw broccoli. Most of us living with HS already know that there are many triggers which can cause an HS flare.
Speaking for myself, diary is one of the main triggers to activate a new flare. Sadly, a lot of my favorite foods contain dairy, so I have to look for dairy-free options, like this recipe. So, if spinach dip is one of your favorite appetizers then I highly recommend you give this recipe a go!
Enjoy, beautiful people!
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Prep time and cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for garlicky spinach dip
- 10 oz. frozen spinach (1 packet)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 12 oz. Better Than Sour Cream Non-Hydrogenated Tofutti
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise (or any mayonnaise you'd like)
Directions for garlicky spinach dip
- Thaw frozen spinach and pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl: Spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Serve immediately or cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place the dip into the refrigerator until your guest has arrived.
- calories: 140
- cholesterol: 11.6g
- dietary fiber: 0.7g
- protein: 1.8g
- sodium: 325mg
- sugars: 2.2g
- total carbohydrates: 11.6g
- total fat: 9.9g
Disclaimer: HSDisease.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When you need to vent about HS, who do you turn to first?
Join the conversation