The heat is here and that means we all could use something refreshing to cool us down. As HS patients I know we have to sacrifice a lot of the things we love to help our bodies to heal. One of the things I used to love is pop, but rather than focus on what I can't have I found something I can have.
You read that right, a pomegranate spritzer. It gives you all of the carbonated beverage feels without the chemicals and excess sugar.
Serving size: Makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for pomegranate spritzer
- 1 16 fl oz bottle of Pomegranate juice (I like to use the POM Wonderful brand)
- 1 16.9 fl oz bottle of Perrier water
- ¼ cup of frozen mixed berries
Directions for pomegranate spritzer
- Measure out 4 fl oz of pomegranate juice in a tall glass.
- Add frozen mixed berries.
- Add 6 fl oz of perrier to the tall glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 76
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 0.1g
- protein: 0g
- sodium: 5mg
- sugars: 16.2g
- total carbohydrates: 18.8g
- total fat: 0g
Disclaimer: HSDisease.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you want to share how HS has impacted your life?