Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

What type of doctor should I see for my HS?

What’s the best specialist to see? Or should I just see my GP for my care?

Community Answers
  • Selina Ferragamo moderator
    1 month ago

    It’s so tricky since HS is different for so many people and it’s also tricky based on the doctors you have in your location/area!

    For me personally, I had to see my GP first in order to know how exactly to handle my HS. She recommended I see a general surgeon and now that’s my go-to doctor for when my flares get too bad. I also see an Endocrinologist who helps regulate my hormones which then helps regulate my HS flares (I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so wacky hormones make me flare)!

    I’ve also heard of many people seeing a dermatologist!

    Good luck and I hope everything works out with your HS! 🙂

  • Share Your Answer